Sunday, January 31, 2010

How Long Can Acute Pancreatitis Last Could My Brother's Symptoms Be Chronic Pancreatitis?

Could my brother's symptoms be chronic pancreatitis? - how long can acute pancreatitis last

Long story short ... My brother is an alcoholic. He lives with my husband and me, only temporarily, so I see first hand their actions and their consequences.

To summarize, I know that my little brother was in hospital for acute pancreatitis in the past year ... and what is from documents to have their liver function is very high, since then. He was told to quit drinking, but never did.

At that time suffered from stomach pain, nausea and vomiting, chronic. Now, however, chronic nausea and vomiting several times a week, but says he feels no pain. I read that as pancreatitis, progressive pain may even decrease. Anyone who has experience with this to be true? He refuses to go to a doc .. Although today that you should, if he wants to with us during the time that we welcome to stay. I think he finally is ready to go now, but I would not be surprised if he saved in this plan and developed.

Incidentally, I asked him to stop drinking and get help, but his denial is unbelievable.It really works vomiting day and then another drink the next day actually asked why she continues to vomit. That's how deep in denial, was killed that man.

Please share your knowledge and experience, if any () in conjunction with pancreatitis, with no signs of pain.

My husband, ironically, is recovering from a similar path in his life () with drinks, but now is good and I feel like I was there once and really fun to see someone in my life, lower same way.

Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Agnodice said...

You are right, such as chronic pancreatitis progresses, the pain usually diminishes and eventually disappear. This is due to the increasing destruction of the pancreas and the possible loss of innervation of the pancreas, and therefore no signs of pain. Alcohol is the most common cause of chronic pancreatitis, it is important to avoid alcohol to prevent the progression of the disease and the severity of symptoms. Alcoholism is a malignant disease, and as you know, is losing it difficult for most alcoholics alcohol. Unfortunately you can not stop his brother, because too close, if you really want. You can leave your views and why you think it is important that closed. Ultimately it is your choice. I have for you, because I have a brother who have similar problems. Good luck to you and your brother.

Post a Comment